Chris Hedges - The Suicide of the Liberal Chutch

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

rvhill
Re: Chris Hedges - The Suicide of the Liberal Chutch

Post by rvhill » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:36 am

Metacrock wrote:
rvhill wrote:The problem with USA right now is that the people are only given two choices Communism and fascism. I am personal a capitalist, but I am not a corpitalist. Right now the political party that is closest to my vies is the pirate party.
then you support Trump?

hell no, don't like or trust the man. look up the pirate party, some time.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:48 am

rvhill wrote:
Metacrock wrote:
rvhill wrote:The problem with USA right now is that the people are only given two choices Communism and fascism. I am personal a capitalist, but I am not a corpitalist. Right now the political party that is closest to my vies is the pirate party.
then you support Trump?

hell no, don't like or trust the man. look up the pirate party, some time.
It was a joke :mrgreen:
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

met

Post by met » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:42 pm

Well, you never talked about the OP at all. How's Perkins? Have they sold the campus yet?
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:08 pm

met wrote:Well, you never talked about the OP at all. How's Perkins? Have they sold the campus yet?
hahahaah. they are part of SMU and that place has tons of money. They have the Bush library and it's in Rich guy territory where HL Hunt used to live, the dichotomy between "Up the hill" the secular end of the campus where they educated rich guy kids, and "down the hill"(aka "the God quad") where poor people went to good school on church money was hilarious. It was the Reagan era and we started a central America group supporting the Sandinistas.

The situation is bad but that highlights the top down nature of the liberal church. It's all designed to create a gulf between clergy and laity because they don't evangelize. they don't believe in hell, theology is complex and made even more of putting by the9r special vocabulary.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief