Hillary

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
Re: Hillary

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jan 22, 2008 4:03 pm

thanks Rich I appreciate it man. I got to figure out how to put up an avitar
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

ZAROVE

Post by ZAROVE » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:11 am

AH yes, I have long been an admirer of Hillary. He scaled the unscalable mountain, Everest!

:D

fleetmouse

Post by fleetmouse » Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:47 am

My shortlist of candidates who would be competent presidents: Hillary Clinton, John McCain. Possibly Obama but maybe he needs more experience.

The rest of them are either psychos or lightweights. Romney should go be a news anchor or televangelist or something. Giuliani sleeps in a coffin filled with ashes from ground zero - what a ghoul.

If Hillary were smart she'd choose Obama as her running mate. If McCain were smart, so would he. I think a McCain-Obama coalition ticket would be unbeatable.

I like Kucinich but maybe he should stay in the legislative branch and become an elder statesman there.

(Canadian here - I only wish I could vote in your election)

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:04 pm

I'm a little turned off by Obama for two reasons: first, his lack of experience, particularly in foreign policy, and second, his tendency to cheerlead instead of giving real, substantive speeches. I hate hype and emotionalism, and I distrust bandwagons. "Change" as a mantra is not especially helpful either-- change to what? Change can be change for the better, or change for the worse.

I'm intrigued by McLain because he doesn't run with the pack, doesn't jump on bandwagons or toe party lines. I think he'd be a good President. I also kind of think Hillary Clinton would make a good President (because, well, Bill Clinton was actually a pretty good President, and they have always said they were a team), though I agree more with McLain's ideas.

One thing I really have a problem with is making this be about race or gender. If I decide not to vote for Hillary Clinton, it's not because she's a woman. If I decide to vote for her, it's not because she's a woman. Not voting for Hillary is not a vote against women.

Similarly, not voting for Obama is not a vote against minorities.

The issue should be who will be the best President. But I'm noticing the media are already tending to make this be about race or gender.

I do wonder, if Hillary Clinton becomes President, what will Bill be called? "First Gentleman"? Maybe she'll avoid the whole issue by making him her VP. Can a former President serve as Vice President? Does anyone know?
Wag more.
Bark less.

ZAROVE

Post by ZAROVE » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:19 pm

Constitutionally, one cannot serve as President for more htan two terms. Bill CLinton has served for two terms, mking him uneligable to be President, and thus Vice President.

If Hilary where to die, he'd become President, which he is prohibeted from.

So, no, he can't be Vice President.

That said, Hillary Clinton cnanot be supporte dby me. No, it snot because she's a woman, its because of her policies.

I am striclty pro-life, and Hillary is for all forms of unrestircted Abortion-on-demand, including votign agint a partial-Bith abortion ban.

Hillary is also for big government, and govenrmental invovlement in economic and private affairs I am oppoed to.

Hillary is Pro-Same-sex marriage, I am agaisnt.

Hillary Clinton is also for large govenrmental insteutitons that take car eof the masses which never owrk properly, and eat away at our money.

I'd give her a pass.

The same is said of Obama, actulaly. Or any of the ciurrent Democrats.

Not that I'm a fan of any of he Republicans.

ZAROVE

Post by ZAROVE » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:39 pm

I ALSO fear that my Hilary joke was lost...

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Wed Jan 23, 2008 10:37 pm

fleetmouse wrote:My shortlist of candidates who would be competent presidents: Hillary Clinton, John McCain. Possibly Obama but maybe he needs more experience.

The rest of them are either psychos or lightweights. Romney should go be a news anchor or televangelist or something. Giuliani sleeps in a coffin filled with ashes from ground zero - what a ghoul.

If Hillary were smart she'd choose Obama as her running mate. If McCain were smart, so would he. I think a McCain-Obama coalition ticket would be unbeatable.

I like Kucinich but maybe he should stay in the legislative branch and become an elder statesman there.

(Canadian here - I only wish I could vote in your election)

Hey Fleet! thanks for coming buddy! You too Zore and Rich.

wow, this is great. well I liked Richardson and Biden. with them gone. I don't know who I like. but none better than my yellow dog. Yes my pup the yellow dog, that's who I'm for.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

unred typo

Post by unred typo » Thu Jan 24, 2008 11:48 pm

ZAROVE wrote:I ALSO fear that my Hilary joke was lost...
no no... it was the height of my night actually! :lol:
The truth will stand with you but man-made doctrines will melt away like cowards in the battle.

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:23 pm

So. . . Super Tuesday is over. How are people feeling about the candidates now?
Wag more.
Bark less.

ZAROVE

Post by ZAROVE » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:48 pm

I'm still for a String Monarchy and the ABolition of parties.

That said, CLintona nd Obama are still in a tight competition, and will ne so until the COnvention it seems.

McCain is on the top of the Republican party, but Romny and now Huckabee both have a chance to Rebound form it.

It oit coems down to it, ehre is what Id say.

McCain VS Clinton= Mccain woudl liekly win. Clinton is not trusted and she lacks the Charisma of her husband.

McCain VS Obama= Obama may win, as he has moe Charisma. Obama simply seems like a kindly Grandfahter, not a powerful statesman.

Romney VS either Hilary or Obama= Democrat win. Romney lacks staying pwoer.

Huckabee VS Clinton=Huckabee wudl win, he has more support amongst the General populace, who like his emphais on Family values.

Huckabee VS Obama= No Prdiction, coul go eithr way.

I favur the Republicans in this race, nto because I concure iwh all their beelifs, but I cnanot support either Aboriton, or the Big Govenment polivcies listed by Obama and CLinton.

Im for smaller Govement and federalism, not a centralised state and central economy.