The age old question

Discuss either theological doctrines, ideas about God, or Biblical criticism. I don't want any debates about creation vs evolution.

Moderator:Metacrock

Forum rules
(1) be interesting (2) be nice.
Metacrock
Re: The age old question

Post by Metacrock » Thu Jun 21, 2018 5:22 am

SayaOtonashi wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 8:38 pm
One thing I think fits is also the fact some people fill like if I'm saying why do I feel like I should question my faith. I mean how do I know I have accepted Jesus and not just goin through the motivations
when you make a commitment you will be born again and your life will chnge, you have religious affections, you will have passion for the commitment to God.

The measure given in NT is always about bearing good fruit. see Galatians 5:22
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

SayaOtonashi

Post by SayaOtonashi » Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:23 pm

How do you know if you bear fruits? Also what about the hard questions like predestination? Does God pick who will be saved from the moment they are born?

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:21 am

SayaOtonashi wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:23 pm
How do you know if you bear fruits? Also what about the hard questions like predestination? Does God pick who will be saved from the moment they are born?
Fruit just means do you exhibit the qualities of virtue such as compassion love kidkness, if you don;t people will let you know, you have to take stock of yourself.

We can discuss those i questions, some are on going so have obvious answers,Ia not a Calvinist so I;m opposed to predestination,

can you bring some more atheists I want to get the board going again

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:21 am

SayaOtonashi wrote:
Fruit just means do you exhibit the qualities of virtue such as compassion love kidkness, if you don;t people will let you know, you have to take stock of yourself.

We can discuss those i questions, some are on going so have obvious answers,Ia not a Calvinist so I;m opposed to predestination,

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:22 am

SayaOtonashi wrote:

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:22 am

SayaOtonashi wrote:

SayaOtonashi

Post by SayaOtonashi » Thu Nov 22, 2018 7:39 pm

I don't know many atheist online and most of my friends are either religious or believe in some higher power