Arctic "death spiral" leaves climate scientists shocked

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

met
Re: Arctic "death spiral" leaves climate scientists shocked

Post by met » Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:51 pm

However, I think, in terms of the 9-11 thing, there IS a coverup, I tend to agree with Urbie and his troops. But the coverup COULD turn out to be just how much wobblier those massive skyscrapers really were than anyone believed. That by itself, however, is pretty disturbing (&sp with the whole WTC7 scenario). If they really thought it out, how dangerous it could be, maybe people would refuse to go up in those things....

OTOH, the way it was leveraged to justify the invasion of Iraq was pretty cynical. So i don't put it past them, the US gov't, to have somehow engineered that whole thing. The lying was too blatant.

Oh well! In the wake of soon-to-be-melted polar ice caps, maybe it just doesn't matter anymore...
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

Magritte

Post by Magritte » Sun Feb 17, 2013 7:34 pm

I've read the arguments on both sides, starting with me being staunchly on the side of the conspiracists, and as far as the architectural evidence goes the conspiracists have nothing. I refuse to engage in debate on the towers any more. People can google and read both sides if they like. I'd be interested in evidence of foreknowledge, though - it'd have to be something juicy like taped conversations or sworn affidavits from high level insiders.

Leveraging it to invade Iraq is the real scandal here, IMHO.

The problem with any conspiracy theory is it always attracts people who've read Stan Monteith and William Guy Carr, old school Bircher conspiracism that has The Jews at the root of everything. So even if your conspiracy theory starts out reasonable it quickly grows layers of insanity as it bounces around blogs, talk radio, facebook, etc., picking up stuff about the Rothschilds, the Illuminati, the Jesuits, Communism, Lady Gaga, HAARP, the UN, etc etc.
One of the hallmarks of freedom is that when you recognize someone is being intellectually dishonest or arguing with you in bad faith, you have the option to walk away without being punished, imprisoned or tortured.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:37 am

Magritte wrote:I've read the arguments on both sides, starting with me being staunchly on the side of the conspiracists, and as far as the architectural evidence goes the conspiracists have nothing. I refuse to engage in debate on the towers any more. People can google and read both sides if they like. I'd be interested in evidence of foreknowledge, though - it'd have to be something juicy like taped conversations or sworn affidavits from high level insiders.

Leveraging it to invade Iraq is the real scandal here, IMHO.

The problem with any conspiracy theory is it always attracts people who've read Stan Monteith and William Guy Carr, old school Bircher conspiracism that has The Jews at the root of everything. So even if your conspiracy theory starts out reasonable it quickly grows layers of insanity as it bounces around blogs, talk radio, facebook, etc., picking up stuff about the Rothschilds, the Illuminati, the Jesuits, Communism, Lady Gaga, HAARP, the UN, etc etc.

you remember our buddy Urbie? He was really into that. Did you ever argue it out with him or check out all his stuff. He could really go on that one. he knew that stuff better then he did process theology.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief