a woman dies at six flags over Texas

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
a woman dies at six flags over Texas

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jul 23, 2013 10:07 am

She fell off the world's largest roller coaster. This was because the restraint wasn't fixed good enough. I think it is designed such that the coaster doesn't go if the restraints are right. So why did this circumvent that safety feature?

I don't expect anyone here to answer that. What reflections does it give you on life?
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

mdsimpson92

Re: a woman dies at six flags over Texas

Post by mdsimpson92 » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:33 pm

Metacrock wrote:She fell off the world's largest roller coaster. This was because the restraint wasn't fixed good enough. I think it is designed such that the coaster doesn't go if the restraints are right. So why did this circumvent that safety feature?

I don't expect anyone here to answer that. What reflections does it give you on life?

Well, ......Sh*t happens.
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:18 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:
Metacrock wrote:She fell off the world's largest roller coaster. This was because the restraint wasn't fixed good enough. I think it is designed such that the coaster doesn't go if the restraints are right. So why did this circumvent that safety feature?

Well, ......Sh*t happens.
your compassion is overwhelming. I don't know what I expected when I put that up. I was just trying to start some kind talk.

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:02 pm

The really awful part is that she told an attendant that she didn't think her restraint was properly fastened, and he said that if she heard a click, not to worry about it. He could easily have come over and checked it himself, but he didn't.

I have a feeling they will take passengers more seriously from here on out.
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Fri Jul 26, 2013 7:14 am

KR Wordgazer wrote:The really awful part is that she told an attendant that she didn't think her restraint was properly fastened, and he said that if she heard a click, not to worry about it. He could easily have come over and checked it himself, but he didn't.

I have a feeling they will take passengers more seriously from here on out.
I heard that. they got sloppy about running the place. that implies human error. Isn't that always the way? :mrgreen: