My political views

This is the place for secular issues.Discuss society and Politics, social action, the Christian identity and chruch's place in the world. We can also discuss science.

Moderator:Metacrock

rvhill
My political views

Post by rvhill » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:16 pm

I have a strong libertarian bend, but feel that the libertarians ignore the problem of corporations. Corporations are a threat to the rights of the citizenry . I like the Pirate Party. I am also anti-immigration, because of climate change.

met

Re: My political views

Post by met » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:12 pm

Um, anti-immigration due to climate change?

Are those connected?
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

rvhill

Post by rvhill » Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:28 pm

back in the 80s they use to call climate change the people bomb theory. this make climate change doublespeak, not because the problem is not real, but because the real problem is never addressed. If we had no immigration our population would . fall to 150 or 100 million, and many of out environmental problems would go away. at least for the USA.

met

Post by met » Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:42 pm

How does that help if it's a global problem? Does it matter where the people are if they all use fossil fuels?

I suppose it might since (North) Americans pump out far more than their proportional share of the carbon....
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton