Obama wins nobel prize

Metacrock vs All comers; other can also reserve. this is for 1x1 debate, please do not respond if you are not specifically demarcated as part of the debate.

Moderator:Metacrock

Gwarlroge
Re: Obama wins nobel prize

Post by Gwarlroge » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:40 pm

thomaswos wrote:Obama wins nobel peace prize. Why?
Hard to believe that a U.S. President can win a peace prize while engaged in two wars.
Can some one please inform me as to why Obama has gotten a Nobel Peace Prize when he has yet to do what he has gotten the prize for?
DOn't u understand? It has to do wit HOPE and CHANGE for our GREAT GREAT NATION and the WHOLE WORLD! The whole reason President Obama got the NPP is because of HOPE

</spam>

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:52 am

thomaswos wrote:Obama wins nobel peace prize. Why?
Hard to believe that a U.S. President can win a peace prize while engaged in two wars.
Can some one please inform me as to why Obama has gotten a Nobel Peace Prize when he has yet to do what he has gotten the prize for?
I don't think this belongs on the 1x1 board. I'm going to move it when I think of a place to move it to.

I think Obama agrees with you. It would not be politically wise for him to decline the prize but it was not his idea to get it. I think they gave it because Europeans are so relived not to have Bush to deal with and they really like Obama and want him to do well. They were trying to ad to his credibility. But they really hurt it somewhat.

But this is totally unfair, it's not his fault they gave him the prize.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Sat Oct 31, 2009 4:22 pm

lol yeah, true.

-sgtt
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")