The People have spoken

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
The People have spoken

Post by Metacrock » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:01 pm

the bastards.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

tinythinker

Re: The have spoken

Post by tinythinker » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:08 pm

Pithy and applicable to so many situations.
Adrift in the endless river

ZAROVE

Post by ZAROVE » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:56 am

Its sentiments like this that make me glad I am a Monarchist. The idea of Unity in a Democracy is really just a Fantasy. Society is too polarised.

You may say “They” have won but Joseph Farah and other Right Wingers are off saying that Americans have finally reclaimed the Government and will now put a stop to Obama’s Evil Agenda. Of course had they lost they’d complain till next election about how the Liberals stole this election and create a plethora of excuses, much like how the left is now making excuses such as Obama’s infamous comment about Financial Frustration and fear has caused many to not think clearly.

But remember, this is a System in which we, the people choose our leaders, so that means that we all chose the Republicans this time, just like we all chose Obama, even those of us who didn’t vote for hem respectively. Because our system is about the will of the People. Its just that we act as if “The people” only ever agrees with us and somehow looses when some foreign power comes in and steals it.

I simply had fun at Pumpkin fest where I got to help with the Entertainment. Hence why I’ve been away.

I’m just happy that there will be no more Radio and Television Ads and no more roadside signs. Elections tire me out, never satisfy anyone, and usually just create further social tension.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:46 am

tinythinker wrote:Pithy and applicable to so many situations.
quote from Nixon's dirty trix guy from the 1964 election, Johnson over Goldwater.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:48 am

ZAROVE wrote:Its sentiments like this that make me glad I am a Monarchist. The idea of Unity in a Democracy is really just a Fantasy. Society is too polarised.

You may say “They” have won but Joseph Farah and other Right Wingers are off saying that Americans have finally reclaimed the Government and will now put a stop to Obama’s Evil Agenda. Of course had they lost they’d complain till next election about how the Liberals stole this election and create a plethora of excuses, much like how the left is now making excuses such as Obama’s infamous comment about Financial Frustration and fear has caused many to not think clearly.

But remember, this is a System in which we, the people choose our leaders, so that means that we all chose the Republicans this time, just like we all chose Obama, even those of us who didn’t vote for hem respectively. Because our system is about the will of the People. Its just that we act as if “The people” only ever agrees with us and somehow looses when some foreign power comes in and steals it.

I simply had fun at Pumpkin fest where I got to help with the Entertainment. Hence why I’ve been away.

I’m just happy that there will be no more Radio and Television Ads and no more roadside signs. Elections tire me out, never satisfy anyone, and usually just create further social tension.

Republicans don't believe in Democracy. They say "Obama's taking over" when he just won an election. They don't give a damn about democracy.

If ever idea represented by groups who contain jerks was wrong then Christianity is a total lie. Christianity is full of sinners it can't possibly be right.

tinythinker

Post by tinythinker » Thu Nov 04, 2010 11:09 am

ZAROVE wrote:I’m just happy that there will be no more Radio and Television Ads and no more roadside signs. Elections tire me out, never satisfy anyone, and usually just create further social tension.
Carl Rove's group announced last week it would keep airing ads after Tuesday to begin the work for 2012.

ZAROVE

Re: The People have spoken

Post by ZAROVE » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:53 pm

mETA-
Republicans don't believe in Democracy. They say "Obama's taking over" when he just won an election. They don't give a damn about democracy.

you know, I seem to recall the Republicans saying the Democrats don't beleive in Democracy as they wouldn't accept that Bush won the 2000 election, or ven te 2004 Election against Kerry, They also point to Tuesdays Election, and note that Democrats are howling and refuse to accept that this is the Will of the American People.

This sort of ccusation is all too common, espesially after an election shifts the power base to a new party, the old one always tries to depict the other party as some sort of villain who refuses to accept Demopcracy or who doesn't beleive in Democracy.

But given that I openly state that I don't beleive in Democracy, whats your point?

Its not like I'm a Republican, much less a Republican.

If ever idea represented by groups who contain jerks was wrong then Christianity is a total lie. Christianity is full of sinners it can't possibly be right.

But in this case "Jerk" means Republican, and Democracy is only truly Democratic if your side wins. Which sort of validates my point about its divisive nature.

tINY-

Carl Rove's group announced last week it would keep airing ads after Tuesday to begin the work for 2012.

OK, I spoke too soon.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:07 pm

ZAROVE wrote:mETA-

you know, I seem to recall the Republicans saying the Democrats don't beleive in Democracy as they wouldn't accept that Bush won the 2000 election, or ven te 2004 Election against Kerry, They also point to Tuesdays Election, and note that Democrats are howling and refuse to accept that this is the Will of the American People.
he didn't. Even the Supreme court decenter actually said he stole the election. Its' so bleeding obvious.

you are actually arguing because a crook says he's not a crook than he's not?

ZAROVE

Post by ZAROVE » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:18 pm

But Bush didn't steal the Election rather the President was elected by the Electorial College as all Presidents are, not the Popular Vote.

Which really also was not Orchestrated by Bush himself, so how is he a Crook? Oh thats right, he's a Republican, thats how.

And what about when Bush won in 2004? Was that an Illgal Act too?

But Thanks for again proving my point. The system is divisive and aleinates half the population from the other half, and never reall;y reflects the Mythic and storied "Will Of The People" its suppose to.

tinythinker

Post by tinythinker » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:53 pm

Zarove, you were raised in, live in and continue to be a citizen of the United States. How does decrying democracy help? And if you really think it's so horrible, I'm honestly curious what you are doing to replace democracy here with monarchism.