Multiple Universes = No God?

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

YouWish
Re: Multiple Universes = No God?

Post by YouWish » Wed Jan 30, 2008 2:28 am

Sometimes, when popular science writers are writing about science, they either "dumb down" or "sensationalize" the news. It's so bad that you pretty much can't trust the mainstream news to report anything about science accurately. In this case, scientists have certainly not proved that multiple universes exist, merely that they are possible (which is what we've know for some time). They just had a more rigorous mathematical explanation of why it is possible than we have had before.

Metacrock

Re: Multiple Universes = No God?

Post by Metacrock » Wed Jan 30, 2008 3:54 am

YouWish wrote:Sometimes, when popular science writers are writing about science, they either "dumb down" or "sensationalize" the news. It's so bad that you pretty much can't trust the mainstream news to report anything about science accurately. In this case, scientists have certainly not proved that multiple universes exist, merely that they are possible (which is what we've know for some time). They just had a more rigorous mathematical explanation of why it is possible than we have had before.

Hey man, thanks for coming. I am glad you were able to make it. welcome!

Yes, that's what I suspected, about the multi verse and all. And it makes great comic books and science fiction.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief