I need your help

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
I need your help

Post by Metacrock » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:13 am

I re-activated stat counter on my blogs and found no one is reading my blog at all. 0 page visits, I have reason to think that's undercounting, but it makes me think the blogger count of 90 for today is totally a lie (they are all spambots).

That is totally crushing and deflating. Even if I got some for today it can't be more than a handful.l I used to get 100 a day on stat counter. what happened? I guess it was the disruption in my life going to hospital and rehab. I didn't post for a year.

It's more important than ever to me to get some comments and have readers.please make a point of visiting Metacrock's blog on regular basis. I am asking this as a friend of people I consider friends.

Thanks to JB for commenting.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Metacrock

Re: I need your help

Post by Metacrock » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:02 pm

I really need you guys to makes comments on metacrock blog and go there so I can tell if the counter works, please! :evil:

met

Post by met » Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:57 pm

Sure. Interestingly, I think you may find yourself falling into the widening gap, in xian circles, between the left and the right, which is one that (it seems to me) you've tried to straddle for a long time....

Technically, I think it's disconcerting and psychologically unrewarding for anyone to make a comment on a blog and then see nothing at all appear for their efforts- until the next day or so, after the blog owner approves it. One solution to that is to post your blogs to facebook, where there's security enforced, but people are also usually permanently signed into their accounts, so it's more convenient for them to comment there. News organizations, like CNN and such, do get an awful of comments on the facebook posts they make of their stories....
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:34 pm

met wrote:Sure. Interestingly, I think you may find yourself falling into the widening gap, in xian circles, between the left and the right, which is one that (it seems to me) you've tried to straddle for a long time....

Technically, I think it's disconcerting and psychologically unrewarding for anyone to make a comment on a blog and then see nothing at all appear for their efforts- until the next day or so, after the blog owner approves it. One solution to that is to post your blogs to facebook, where there's security enforced, but people are also usually permanently signed into their accounts, so it's more convenient for them to comment there. News organizations, like CNN and such, do get an awful of comments on the facebook posts they make of their stories....
how do I do that? I've been making remarks about my blogs for a couple of days but I can't tell that I have gotten any.

don't say "Xian" that's like the N word. atheist version or the N word.

met

Post by met » Sat Dec 19, 2015 4:52 pm

i left u a comment

& i been using that spelling for a decade....so my use predates any atheist usurpation of it....
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:04 am

Snopes on how "Xian" and "Xmas" are from the Latin for "Christ" and thus are not disrespectful towards Christ or Christians:

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/xmasabbr.asp
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:31 am

KR Wordgazer wrote:Snopes on how "Xian" and "Xmas" are from the Latin for "Christ" and thus are not disrespectful towards Christ or Christians:

http://www.snopes.com/holidays/christmas/xmasabbr.asp
Yes I know. I think it's Greek, the Chi. but it's the way atheists constantly use it. I am not offended by met's use of it.

met

Post by met » Sun Dec 20, 2015 2:57 am

Those are just your pet atheists, I think, habitating your particular e-corner of the iUniverse. It's pretty common usage amoung younger, hipster-type .... um, Christians ... on message boards, in blog comments, etc, and you'll find many graduate and/or phd-level theology/philosophy candidates using it these days, out there, in the great virtual beyond...

There, I spelt 'amoung' the Canadian way.... hope you don't mind! :P
Dr Ward Blanton

met

Post by met » Sun Dec 20, 2015 3:06 am

.... I was trying to remember the handle of the oldtime Christian-evangelical poster on CARM who used to use that a lot. And it's hard, because that's not one of those things you can look up too easy on the internet ... and, let's face it, who remembers how to remember things manually anymore?

But somehow, I came up with it! Yeah...."Graceshaker'...... that was the dude! 8-)
Dr Ward Blanton

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:17 am

Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")