Tribute to a By gone era

Discuss arguments for existence of God and faith in general. Any aspect of any orientation toward religion/spirituality, as long as it is based upon a positive open to other people attitude.

Moderator:Metacrock

doxaws
Site Admin
Tribute to a By gone era

Post by doxaws » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:59 pm

Tribute to a by-gone era

fallen boards: have Theology Will Aruge
sense of the numinous

Founded: 07/05/00

148 Avg visits per day
707 Avg views per day
18 Posts per day
13 Posts in last 24 hours
1236780 Total visits
4392 Total views
78377 Total posts
2664 Total topics
894 Total members

doxaws
Site Admin

Re: Tribute to a By gone era

Post by doxaws » Mon Mar 17, 2008 9:15 pm

y Farewell To HTWA

My Farewell To HTWA

Postby ZAROVE on Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:30 am
I mean tto post this over on the old board, but, right after I finished postign in my Beginnigns and Endings thread, the board was locked.

So, I'll post it here.

If thats OK?

SO, we bid farewell to this board. <br><br><br>

When first I came, I was younger and more brash, and although I have learned in those six years to temper myself and no longer are given to take such upset from offences given, I am still ladled form those days, and worse, from more recent postings, where I have debated others who either misunderstand me, or else who have elected within themselves to take offence. <br><br><br>

Nevertheless, though I have seen many who will hate me, and call me narrow minded and bigoted, and accused me of being filled with hatred, and although the last days on this forum where marred by attacks on my character, I have an appreciation of this place. <br><br><br>

It is in this place that I learned much about theology, or was inspired to look up facets I had previously not heard of. It is here that I first engaged in debate with Atheists, and it is here where I learned , among other boards, the nature of human interactions in such surroundings, having in my life previously been isolated. <br><br><br>

I have learned that no matter how much I change, many will still hold to the past, and that, even if I try to be sympathetic and kind, I will be seen by many as cruel and hatred filled. <br><br><br>

I have had to contend with those who come in bad faith, claiming to be here for one end only for another, and have had to learn the skills of debate, which has largely been helped here. <br><br><br>

And I have learned that, even if I am accused by many of being something of a horrible person, it doesn’t mean I have to think of myself as one. Nor does it mean there is really a problem if such occurs. Neither should someone else’s offence at me be something to feel guilty of, if the offence form them comes without cause. <br><br><br>

Of course, this is a reflection which happens after a recent bought with others who have taken the charge to hate me, and come here. <br><br><br>

I have met others who are more charitable to me, both of Christian backgrounds and of Atheistic ones, and form them I have heard alternate perspectives and have had interesting discussions, which have also helped me to grow and develop. <br><br><br>

I thank all, those who have hated me and those who have not, for the expunges here, which, be they good or bad, have helped me to grow as a person, and from this board, where I was at least at liberty to post. <br><br><br>

I will miss the old “ Have Theology Will Argue” board, now called “Sense Of The Numinous “, and will remember it well, from dark times to bright, as a place where I learned of new things, and experienced things which will help me further in life. <br><br><br>

At this, I bid Farewell to this board, and goodbye to it all. <br><br><br>

I will be found elsewhere, of course, and will post on Doxa. Some will see that as reason enough not to post there, but others ill be indifferent to me there, or even welcomed by the thought of a familiar name. <br><br><br>

Nevertheless, this place is the original board, and in a way progenitor to the new Doxa board, which acts as its successor, and so, I salute this place, and bid it Farewell. <br><br><br>

Farewell to thee. <br><br><br>

ZAROVE

* Private message

* Edit post
* Delete post
* Report this post
* Warn user
* Information

Re: My Farewell To HTWA

Postby ZAROVE on Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:31 am
With no brackets. ( as they are unnessisary here.)

SO, we bid farewell to this board.

When first I came, I was younger and more brash, and although I have learned in those six years to temper myself and no longer are given to take such upset from offences given, I am still ladled form those days, and worse, from more recent postings, where I have debated others who either misunderstand me, or else who have elected within themselves to take offence.

Nevertheless, though I have seen many who will hate me, and call me narrow minded and bigoted, and accused me of being filled with hatred, and although the last days on this forum where marred by attacks on my character, I have an appreciation of this place.

It is in this place that I learned much about theology, or was inspired to look up facets I had previously not heard of. It is here that I first engaged in debate with Atheists, and it is here where I learned , among other boards, the nature of human interactions in such surroundings, having in my life previously been isolated.

I have learned that no matter how much I change, many will still hold to the past, and that, even if I try to be sympathetic and kind, I will be seen by many as cruel and hatred filled.

I have had to contend with those who come in bad faith, claiming to be here for one end only for another, and have had to learn the skills of debate, which has largely been helped here.

And I have learned that, even if I am accused by many of being something of a horrible person, it doesn’t mean I have to think of myself as one. Nor does it mean there is really a problem if such occurs. Neither should someone else’s offence at me be something to feel guilty of, if the offence form them comes without cause.

Of course, this is a reflection which happens after a recent bought with others who have taken the charge to hate me, and come here.

I have met others who are more charitable to me, both of Christian backgrounds and of Atheistic ones, and form them I have heard alternate perspectives and have had interesting discussions, which have also helped me to grow and develop.

I thank all, those who have hated me and those who have not, for the expunges here, which, be they good or bad, have helped me to grow as a person, and from this board, where I was at least at liberty to post.

I will miss the old “ Have Theology Will Argue” board, now called “Sense Of The Numinous “, and will remember it well, from dark times to bright, as a place where I learned of new things, and experienced things which will help me further in life.

At this, I bid Farewell to this board, and goodbye to it all.

I will be found elsewhere, of course, and will post on Doxa. Some will see that as reason enough not to post there, but others ill be indifferent to me there, or even welcomed by the thought of a familiar name.

Nevertheless, this place is the original board, and in a way progenitor to the new Doxa board, which acts as its successor, and so, I salute this place, and bid it Farewell.

Farewell to thee.

ZAROVE

* Private message

* Edit post
* Delete post
* Report this post
* Warn user
* Information

Postby ZAROVE on Sat Jan 26, 2008 7:50 am
Final Revision.

I had written a different farewell, but decided to revise it. <br><br><br>

Today we close this board, and say farewell to the forum on which we started this affair. For me, this was my first theology and debate board, and much have I learned form my earlier days, when I was brash. I have learned much in theology, or have been inspired to learn it, and much in how to interrelate to people. <br><br><br>

I have met a good many people, and seen many perceptions and personalities blended into a tapestry that would not have occurred easily elsewhere, and am grateful for my time here. <br><br><br>

I have learned much, and consider this a learning experience, and take away form it a mind expanded by such discussions and meeting of others, and to all I have met here, I wish well, and that God would draw us all together into a communion of souls in the end. <br><br><br>

And on this note, I bid farewell to this board, once known as “Have Theology, Will Argue” and now known, in its final days, as “ Sense Of The Numinous”.<br><br><br>

I wish all who posted here well, even those who alas came in the end to talk of how horrible I was in the closing days. <br><br><br>

And, I leave with a fondness of memory, of dark times and light, and in remembrance of what was said in Ecclesiastes, that there is a time for every purpose under the heavens, and a time to begin, and a time to end, and this board has reached the time to end. <br><br><br>

I shall thus close with this reflection. <br><br><br>

Farewell To Thee. <br><br><br>

ZAROVE

* Private message

* Edit post
* Delete post
* Report this post
* Warn user
* Information

Postby Metacrock on Sun Jan 27, 2008 2:34 am
wow was it really six years?

I can't believe it. where has the time gone? My mother was still alive when you came to my boards. OR she had just died. Man O man I can't believe my father died so long ago!

I saw how many posts I did. I couldn't believe it. it was like 60,000!

how many of them were my angry fuming at atheists? how many made sense?

It was an important part of my life. Odd to think I never shared it with any of the people closest to me in real life, none of them wanted to see it.

thanks for your reflections man. I find them very moving. Metanoia said he is putting it on

Bettawoman

Post by Bettawoman » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:02 pm

I remember HTWA
Learned a lot there
learned to take the good with the bad
and not be so upset when things got ugly
to listen closer
to decide that others opinions are theirs
and have value to them
even if they don't have to me.

That despite our lofty ideas
we are human
and we're allowed to be.
And I remember Zarove...
yeah.
Time taken to breathe is time taken for peace.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:12 am

Bettawoman wrote:I remember HTWA
Learned a lot there
learned to take the good with the bad
and not be so upset when things got ugly
to listen closer
to decide that others opinions are theirs
and have value to them
even if they don't have to me.

That despite our lofty ideas
we are human
and we're allowed to be.
And I remember Zarove...
yeah.

good, I'm glad you added to that. Since you were a poster no that board it's good to have your input.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Bettawoman

Post by Bettawoman » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:48 pm

That board hopped, Meta! I remember how Met and I were recruited to be mods - and it was REALLY hard to keep up! It was blam blam blam! Met and I would debate who to resist banning! LOL! At one point people thought Meta, Met and Betta were the same person. Well, them were the days. But sometimes I honestly didn't know why I was there because I couldn't debate theology if my life depended on it. But that's okay.

I like being in the world and I believe that there is a greater power that is personal to each one of us. There's a purpose and reason for everything. And like it or no, things are perfect unless we change them to be another kind of perfect. Don't ask me - I'm still trying to grapple with the idea.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Mon Feb 15, 2010 12:58 pm

Bettawoman wrote:That board hopped, Meta! I remember how Met and I were recruited to be mods - and it was REALLY hard to keep up! It was blam blam blam! Met and I would debate who to resist banning! LOL! At one point people thought Meta, Met and Betta were the same person. Well, them were the days. But sometimes I honestly didn't know why I was there because I couldn't debate theology if my life depended on it. But that's okay.

I like being in the world and I believe that there is a greater power that is personal to each one of us. There's a purpose and reason for everything. And like it or no, things are perfect unless we change them to be another kind of perfect. Don't ask me - I'm still trying to grapple with the idea.
yea those were the days man. I love you and Met. I wish you all the bets. I'm glad Met is still around here. I hope you drop in more.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

URBILD

Post by URBILD » Mon Feb 22, 2010 1:03 am

Ah, would this be the right place to plug Nick Otani's no-objectivism? :?