Greetings!

Lighter discourse: tell jokes, discuss film, art, books, poetry, whatever makes you feel good.

Moderator:Metacrock

mdsimpson92
Re: Greetings!

Post by mdsimpson92 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:23 pm

Happy to meet you. Just join or create whatever thread that interests you. :)
Julia: It's all... a dream...
Spike Spiegel: Yeah... just a dream...

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:20 am

JohnnyTheJew267 wrote:Hello all! My name is Johnathan and I'm Jewish. I understand this is a Christian form and I wanted to ask Christian users different questions about their faith and views. You can ask me anything about myself. I hope everything is good may HaShem bless you all.

Welcome to the boards. I wouldn't call this a "Christian forum." This is my forum and I'm a Christian but that doesn't mean it's a Christian forum. It's for everyone who wants to make nice with me and have a good discussion. So you are most welcome.

OK here's a question: are you Orthodox? Reform of Conservative?

btw this is the relax board. We just talk about stuff we like and tell jokes. We have other boards about adventure of faith, Bible and Theology and so forth.

the main board index is here:

index.php
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:31 am

JohnnyTheJew267 wrote:I see myself as just Jewish. Yes there are different religious Jews who differ on faith and how strict they live their lives according to customs and laws. I'm Jewish by birth and just believe in G-d. I believe all man should just do good to themselves and others.

sounds good. were brought up in a Synagogue or going to temple? Do you practice any form of piety?

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:13 pm

JohnnyTheJew267 wrote:No, my family was secular. I do want to start attending an Orthodox synagogue near my home soon. I do not understand what piety means so I cannot say for certain that I practice any form of piety.
piety means religious feeling