oh thank god

Lighter discourse: tell jokes, discuss film, art, books, poetry, whatever makes you feel good.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
Re: oh thank god

Post by Metacrock » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:35 am

runamokmonk wrote:When I was 15 these guys were banging on the door yelling and trying to open it. Somehow I know that they were trying to get into the apartment nearby but I am not sure if I knew that then or not. I think I did know that somehow, but I know I did not know what to do. I do recall looking out the peephole. During that time at that place a few doors down this apartment was raided and they left the door open with tape over it. There's even more that happened there.

At another house this old lady started to come into our house and she was actually was senile or something. We lived behind an old folks home and I wonder if I am right in thinking she was from there. My mom helped her somehow.

At a later age this drunk guy who was marching down the street singing came running into our house and started to tell us it's okay his friend lives upstairs. But his friend went into the multiple apartment/room house next to ours.

I have had no problem with religious people coming to my door even though they have. Since I am not that much of a conversationalist and would also be more interested and excited about my views since I know some of theirs already, I would prefer to tell them that, and I would if I was prepared and could think on my feet, but since I don't know what to say, I say I am not interested and they have walked away to never return.

I have also had creditors call me about a relative thinking I was that person and the guy got so mad he hung up and then later called again. I just kept telling him that since he has no real authority, I don't have to answer any of his questions.
sounds like you live in a fun neighborhood
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:41 am

when I was in firs grade my Dad took us around trick or treating. We were with the minister's kids who lived two doors down and were our best play mates. That was the best Halloween I ever remember. It was in our beloved neighborhood in our childhood home and all. We came up this one door, a redwood house on the end of the block. It was a nice house but had actual red-wood making up the facade near the door. The PK with us was only four he was the youngest kid with us. My Dad a group of kids. The little PK (preacher's kid) went running up to the door ahead of us and instead of knocking found it slightly ajar, mot even ajar just not closed good. He opened and just walked in holding out his sack demanding candy!

In the house were a man and a woman who were getting ready for Halloween. as their costume they had deiced to go as the beast with two backs. They got stuck in the living room and were lying on the floor doing their favorite thing. In other words, they were in the middle of something they didn't want to be disturbed doing.

My Dad just walked in, took the kid up under his arm said "sorry" walked out. The guy got up and slammed the door after him. We went on to the next house.

KR Wordgazer

Post by KR Wordgazer » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:12 am

Wow, that's hysterical, Joe! :lol:

I've found that Mormons and JW's really hate it when they come to your house and you start teaching them about the Trinity. They can't get away fast enough. :twisted:
Wag more.
Bark less.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Mon Mar 12, 2012 6:54 am

KR Wordgazer wrote:Wow, that's hysterical, Joe! :lol:

I've found that Mormons and JW's really hate it when they come to your house and you start teaching them about the Trinity. They can't get away fast enough. :twisted:
yea ahahahahaha. I found that same thing. the JW's are ready for the Greek on John 1 because they are schooled in it. But their answers are BS but they think they are getting the advanced lo down. get them off that and they don't know what to say.