HAPPY OBTAIN OBJECTS DAY

Lighter discourse: tell jokes, discuss film, art, books, poetry, whatever makes you feel good.

Moderator:Metacrock

Magritte
HAPPY OBTAIN OBJECTS DAY

Post by Magritte » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:58 am

One of the hallmarks of freedom is that when you recognize someone is being intellectually dishonest or arguing with you in bad faith, you have the option to walk away without being punished, imprisoned or tortured.

Metacrock

Re: HAPPY OBTAIN OBJECTS DAY

Post by Metacrock » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:53 am

Magritte wrote:http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/11/29/w ... pocalypse/

OBJECTS MATERIAL OBJECTS WHEEEE
I saw that on the news. It's a tender box. just imagine adding a spark of kind like shouting "they are closing the store!"
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Magritte

Post by Magritte » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:56 am

Did you hear about the guy in Florida who left his two month old baby locked in the car while he shopped at Best Buy?

WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE. Sorry for yelling.

My business has a "black friday" sale too, just because it's expected these days, and a bunch of sales go through. It's an online marketplace though, so no one gets stomped to death. Still, I feel queasy at participating in the annual event because of what else goes on. I feel like I'm legitimizing and condoning it somehow.
One of the hallmarks of freedom is that when you recognize someone is being intellectually dishonest or arguing with you in bad faith, you have the option to walk away without being punished, imprisoned or tortured.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:14 am

leaving your infant in the car! I can't even think about it. I used to insist that either my brother or I stay in the car with our dog. I wouldn't even leave the dog in the car alone, and never in the summer! wouldn't even leave my brother in the care in the summer and he's my age.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief