Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Lighter discourse: tell jokes, discuss film, art, books, poetry, whatever makes you feel good.

Moderator:Metacrock

Metacrock
Re: Favorite TV Shows that were prematurely cancelled

Post by Metacrock » Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:50 am

mdsimpson92 wrote:
Metacrock wrote: I really don't watch modern shows. I really seek out the old re-runs. It's kind of embarrassing becuase I often start talking about 40 year old shows as though people have seen them the other day, because i have.
Really? So I can't recommend anything like Breaking Bad or Game of Thrones? :cry:

Aww.
sure recommend anything. I watch some shows that were made in the 21st century. My sister got me like Big bang theory. I know that's old now but I refused to watch it at first then she convinced me I would like it. When I heard they talk about comic books that's what did it.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Bettawoman

Post by Bettawoman » Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:58 pm

KR Wordgazer wrote:Classic Star Trek was cancelled after only 3 years. And then it just wouldn't die. :D
That's so funny KR! And so true.
Time taken to breathe is time taken for peace.

Bettawoman

Post by Bettawoman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 12:04 am

My sister got me like Big bang theory. I know that's old now but I refused to watch it at first then she convinced me I would like it. When I heard they talk about comic books that's what did it.
I didn't watch tv much since Met and I moved into our apartment in December 2007. I'd hear about Big Bang Theory from people in my writer's group. Then January 2013 our telephone and internet provider convinced us to get cable. The only thing worth watching was Big Bang. Okay, I got into Grey's Anatomy the last 10 shows. I have to say that I don't like the whole cop, medical system schmaltz they have on TV, but those last 10 shows I watched were poetry in motion.

They shouldn't have cancelled The Hudson Brothers Razzle Dazzle Hour. That's all I have to say.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jun 10, 2014 10:28 pm

Bettawoman wrote:
My sister got me like Big bang theory. I know that's old now but I refused to watch it at first then she convinced me I would like it. When I heard they talk about comic books that's what did it.
I didn't watch tv much since Met and I moved into our apartment in December 2007. I'd hear about Big Bang Theory from people in my writer's group. Then January 2013 our telephone and internet provider convinced us to get cable. The only thing worth watching was Big Bang. Okay, I got into Grey's Anatomy the last 10 shows. I have to say that I don't like the whole cop, medical system schmaltz they have on TV, but those last 10 shows I watched were poetry in motion.

They shouldn't have cancelled The Hudson Brothers Razzle Dazzle Hour. That's all I have to say.
did I say the Adams Family? premature.

Bettawoman

Post by Bettawoman » Tue Jun 10, 2014 11:42 pm

Yes, you did say Adam's Family.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:29 am

Bettawoman wrote:Yes, you did say Adam's Family.
there was one I bet none of you remember called "My living Doll" Julie Numar (catwoman) starred as an actual robot and Bob Cummings was her inverter. It only lasted one season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Living_Doll

Original run September 27, 1964 – March 17, 1965, 26 episodes.
My Living Doll is an American science fiction sitcom that aired for 26 episodes on CBS from September 27, 1964 to March 17, 1965. This series was produced by Jack Chertok and was filmed at Desilu studios by Jack Chertok Television, Inc., in association with the CBS Television Network.

The series was unusual in that it was bought by the network without a formal pilot film (at the request of CBS' president, James T. Aubrey), due to the success of Chertok's previous series, My Favorite Martian.

Bettawoman

Post by Bettawoman » Thu Jun 12, 2014 8:46 pm

The most likely reason I didn't see "My living Doll" was because I lived in a somewhat remote area where we got only a few channels. I did see Bonanza on the first run, as well as Beverly Hillbillies and Gilligan's Island. Can't say we had great TV, but that was entertainment then. I remember Room 222, The Mod Squad, Laugh-in, lots of shows. But I didn't watch that one.

JBSptfn

Post by JBSptfn » Sat Jul 26, 2014 1:51 pm

mdsimpson92 wrote:For animated TV shows, it was a series called Young Justices, just when it actually got good, they canceled it due to it "not selling enough toys."

Another one is Firefly, because FOX are a bunch of morons.
Another old FOX show that I have been watching online lately is Parker Lewis Can't lose (1990-93). It was good the first season or so, but season three was the worst because FOX interfered with it too much, and wanted to make it more like Saved By the Bell and 90210.

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:45 am

JBSptfn wrote:
mdsimpson92 wrote:For animated TV shows, it was a series called Young Justices, just when it actually got good, they canceled it due to it "not selling enough toys."

Another one is Firefly, because FOX are a bunch of morons.
Another old FOX show that I have been watching online lately is Parker Lewis Can't lose (1990-93). It was good the first season or so, but season three was the worst because FOX interfered with it too much, and wanted to make it more like Saved By the Bell and 90210.
I never saw that show. I do remember seeing it advertized.

JBSptfn

Post by JBSptfn » Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:27 am

Recently, I was watching episodes of The Heights and the TV version of Ferris Bueller on You Tube.

The Ferris eps are still there, but the ones for The Heights were taken down after a few weeks.

Ferris was on in the Fall of 1990, and it wasn't too bad, but it wasn't a masterpiece, either.

As for The Heights, that was the show that produced the #1 hit How Do You Talk to an Angel back in 1992. It was a decent show, overall, but was probably used to have a #1 song and then be cancelled (which is what happened after that song reached #1 on the charts).