because it winter

Lighter discourse: tell jokes, discuss film, art, books, poetry, whatever makes you feel good.

Moderator:Metacrock

rvhill
because it winter

Post by rvhill » Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:36 am

Yea, though I walk through the driveway of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

the ice is really think

Jim B.

Re: because it winter

Post by Jim B. » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:07 pm

87 degrees here and we're not even in mid February. Them Chinese really know how to perpetrate one helluva convincing hoax!

met

Post by met » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:36 am

Still snow on the ground here ... pretty unusual for this late in Feb, a typical year we don't even get a week of snow days...not that any of this proves anything, either way
The “One” is the space of the “world” of the tick, but also the “pinch” of the lobster, or that rendezvous in person to confirm online pictures (with a new lover or an old God). This is the machinery operative...as “onto-theology."
Dr Ward Blanton

Jim B.

Post by Jim B. » Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:45 pm

met wrote:Still snow on the ground here ... pretty unusual for this late in Feb, a typical year we don't even get a week of snow days...not that any of this proves anything, either way

Right. I was being slightly facetious, but if we look at the long term overall trends... Now it's typical to have over half of Feb days in the 70s or higher here whereas 30 yrs ago it almost never happened. This is anecdotal I admit but but more reliable than holding up a snow ball and saying "What global warming?"