Bettawoman Returns

Lighter discourse: tell jokes, discuss film, art, books, poetry, whatever makes you feel good.

Moderator:Metacrock

Bettawoman
Bettawoman Returns

Post by Bettawoman » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:56 pm

Hi Meta! Met said that you were thinking of me. Thanks so much. It's been a very long time. I've been busy - boy! I'll be reading to see what's been up around here. Can you imagine Meta, Met and Betta together on a board once again? Sounds like some western. 8-) You don't have a smiley with a cowboy hat on. I remember there was a time that people wondered if all three of us were one person. I love notoriety
Time taken to breathe is time taken for peace.

sgttomas

Re: Bettawoman Returns

Post by sgttomas » Thu Aug 27, 2009 1:34 am

Hiya!! I noticed your name in the new posts right away. What a pleasant surprise. I'm doing well. Thanks for your comments on my "angels". They brighten up my day. I do feel bad for them though, coz I'm always rolling over onto one of them when I'm sleeping....of course, they get back at me by crawling up my legs....ouch!!! lol.

Anyways, nice to see you again. ....does this mean your finished your novel?

Peace,
-sgttomas
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

Bettawoman

Post by Bettawoman » Thu Aug 27, 2009 10:37 pm

It's good to hear from you too, Sgt Tomas. Wish we had a place to have furry babies. One day. . . a German shepherd and horses. It's good to have dreams.

Me being here doesn't mean that the novel is complete, fortunately, or unfortunately - depending on how you look at it. I have to say that the writing is such that it will be another year. Met and I are exhausted from the first part! I think you will enjoy it too. Met is a great support. He's my personal coach and cheering squad. I don't know how he does it considering I can be really difficult to motivate and surly at times. :evil: I guess moderating on all those boards prepared him! :o This is an amazing, if daunting experience. And it's fiction which really keeps one away from too much reality and leaves some way for a truth to be expressed.

I've been at a board which is comprised of a lot of women readers. They read the same sort of novels I do and we had a chance to meet in Michigan. It was amazing meeting people you've been on-line with - and that you got along with!

tinythinker

Post by tinythinker » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:02 am

Bettawoman wrote:Hi Meta! Met said that you were thinking of me. Thanks so much. It's been a very long time. I've been busy - boy! I'll be reading to see what's been up around here. Can you imagine Meta, Met and Betta together on a board once again? Sounds like some western. 8-) You don't have a smiley with a cowboy hat on. I remember there was a time that people wondered if all three of us were one person. I love notoriety
Hello! :)
Adrift in the endless river

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:04 am

Bettawoman wrote:Hi Meta! Met said that you were thinking of me. Thanks so much. It's been a very long time. I've been busy - boy! I'll be reading to see what's been up around here. Can you imagine Meta, Met and Betta together on a board once again? Sounds like some western. 8-) You don't have a smiley with a cowboy hat on. I remember there was a time that people wondered if all three of us were one person. I love notoriety
hey great to see you again. send us some art works!

this has been a remarkable board. You should stick around.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:05 am

Bettawoman wrote:It's good to hear from you too, Sgt Tomas. Wish we had a place to have furry babies. One day. . . a German shepherd and horses. It's good to have dreams.

Me being here doesn't mean that the novel is complete, fortunately, or unfortunately - depending on how you look at it. I have to say that the writing is such that it will be another year. Met and I are exhausted from the first part! I think you will enjoy it too. Met is a great support. He's my personal coach and cheering squad. I don't know how he does it considering I can be really difficult to motivate and surly at times. :evil: I guess moderating on all those boards prepared him! :o This is an amazing, if daunting experience. And it's fiction which really keeps one away from too much reality and leaves some way for a truth to be expressed.

I've been at a board which is comprised of a lot of women readers. They read the same sort of novels I do and we had a chance to meet in Michigan. It was amazing meeting people you've been on-line with - and that you got along with!

I'm glad you are writting it. I jsut finnished wirtting a book, or a MS I hope will be a book.
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:51 pm

Bettawoman wrote:It's good to hear from you too, Sgt Tomas. Wish we had a place to have furry babies. One day. . . a German shepherd and horses. It's good to have dreams.
Heh...furry babies. Yeah, I was jealous that my cousins were giving birth to real babies, so I got my own furry variety :P
Me being here doesn't mean that the novel is complete, fortunately, or unfortunately - depending on how you look at it. I have to say that the writing is such that it will be another year. Met and I are exhausted from the first part! I think you will enjoy it too.
Yeah, I hope I get the chance to read it.
And it's fiction which really keeps one away from too much reality and leaves some way for a truth to be expressed.
Yeah? Hows that?
Heh, I guess I blew that chance a while back to meet you two. I would still like to meet my online friends someday. ...what was the conversation like? Were you all thinking of how to copy and quote and respond piecemeal? lol.

Peace,
-sgttomas
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

Bettawoman

Post by Bettawoman » Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:42 pm

It was a great experience. We just - knew each other. There were a couple of girls who were super entertaining. One is a belly dancer in her spare time and the other is from Louisiana and tells some really funny Cajun jokes. Lots of food and walks along the beach on Michigan Lake. Our board is a place where we come to talk about our day and what we did. No intellectual discussion as much as a sisterhood. A place where you're supported.

As for 'not too much reality so the truth can be told.' Meaning intention behind fiction? Gotta watch such high-falutin' statements. The thing that usually comes when the sub-concious flows and you're telling a story and there's an underlying a story.

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:02 pm

Bettawoman wrote:It was a great experience. We just - knew each other. There were a couple of girls who were super entertaining. One is a belly dancer in her spare time and the other is from Louisiana and tells some really funny Cajun jokes. Lots of food and walks along the beach on Michigan Lake. Our board is a place where we come to talk about our day and what we did. No intellectual discussion as much as a sisterhood. A place where you're supported.

As for 'not too much reality so the truth can be told.' Meaning intention behind fiction? Gotta watch such high-falutin' statements. The thing that usually comes when the sub-concious flows and you're telling a story and there's an underlying a story.

Wow! What a treat. ...and now I see what you were meaning. Truth is resolved so much clearer through story than through specification, hm?

Peace,
-sgttomas

Bettawoman

Post by Bettawoman » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:09 pm

Yes, I think story telling is a very spiritual thing. As well as music and art.

And the truth is - I suck at theological debates! :mrgreen: