oh thank god

Lighter discourse: tell jokes, discuss film, art, books, poetry, whatever makes you feel good.

Moderator:Metacrock

fleetmouse
oh thank god

Post by fleetmouse » Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:53 pm

Metacrock

Re: oh thank god

Post by Metacrock » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:59 am

cute. about this moral indignation quote, how dare you!!!????
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

fleetmouse

Post by fleetmouse » Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:06 am

There's also the one from The Simpsons where Homer answers the door, it's two monstrous tentacled aliens and he says, "oh great, Mormons."

Metacrock

Post by Metacrock » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:30 am

fleetmouse wrote:There's also the one from The Simpsons where Homer answers the door, it's two monstrous tentacled aliens and he says, "oh great, Mormons."
ahahahaahhah :mrgreen:
Have Theology, Will argue: wire Metacrock
Buy My book: The Trace of God: Warrant for belief

URBILD

Post by URBILD » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:32 pm

Dang. Just had JW's at my house. Thought they'd never leave....

oh, and they promised they'd come baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack... :cry:

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:41 pm

I don't get it....I've never, ever had a visit from any of these kindly folk. What am I doing wrong???
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

URBILD

Post by URBILD » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:53 pm

sgttomas wrote:I don't get it....I've never, ever had a visit from any of these kindly folk. What am I doing wrong???
My front door is in bad need of a peephole... It's pretty much a crap shoot when it comes to answering the door. :?

sgttomas

Post by sgttomas » Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:34 pm

lol. That bad eh?!

The worst I get is people selling utility contracts door to door. :P
Prophet Muhammad (God send peace and blessings upon him) is reported to have said, "God says 'I am as My servant thinks I am' " ~ Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol 9 #502 (Chapter 93, "Oneness of God")

runamokmonk

Post by runamokmonk » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:49 pm

When I was 15 these guys were banging on the door yelling and trying to open it. Somehow I know that they were trying to get into the apartment nearby but I am not sure if I knew that then or not. I think I did know that somehow, but I know I did not know what to do. I do recall looking out the peephole. During that time at that place a few doors down this apartment was raided and they left the door open with tape over it. There's even more that happened there.

At another house this old lady started to come into our house and she was actually was senile or something. We lived behind an old folks home and I wonder if I am right in thinking she was from there. My mom helped her somehow.

At a later age this drunk guy who was marching down the street singing came running into our house and started to tell us it's okay his friend lives upstairs. But his friend went into the multiple apartment/room house next to ours.

I have had no problem with religious people coming to my door even though they have. Since I am not that much of a conversationalist and would also be more interested and excited about my views since I know some of theirs already, I would prefer to tell them that, and I would if I was prepared and could think on my feet, but since I don't know what to say, I say I am not interested and they have walked away to never return.

I have also had creditors call me about a relative thinking I was that person and the guy got so mad he hung up and then later called again. I just kept telling him that since he has no real authority, I don't have to answer any of his questions.

fleetmouse

Post by fleetmouse » Wed Feb 08, 2012 8:30 am

Metacrock wrote:
fleetmouse wrote:There's also the one from The Simpsons where Homer answers the door, it's two monstrous tentacled aliens and he says, "oh great, Mormons."
ahahahaahhah :mrgreen:
It's appropriate though, because Mormonism is the earliest example of science fiction. I'm not even joking... they see Heavenly Father as an alien of sorts, who seeded life on earth and now lives on a planet called Kolob. Battlestar Galactica is loosely based on Mormonism. It really belongs in the same category as Scientology, Unarius and the Raelians.